Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two For One : Micah Perez : Dollar ReDe$ign :

"My idea is to bring the Dollar into the 21st century. The denominations are of different sizes and ideally would be made out of polymer.
I did not include the Federal Reserve system on the notes but rather I made them gold coin demand notes, meaning that they will actually be backed by gold. I think the reason why the Dollar is failing is mainly because it is simply being printed without discrection.
A return to the Gold Standard would revive our Currency. I did not make a one Dollar note but instead one Dollar gold coins with a certain amount of real gold in them would form the foundation of the currency."

"My idea for the Amero was to create something that would rival the euro in design. I decided to adopt the Swiss method and use a vertical orientation for the currency. I depicted different types of animals on the 200, 100, 50, 20, 10 and 5 Amero notes. I did not create a one Amero note but coins would be used instead. Ideally the notes would also be made out of a polymer material."

Micah Perez is a student at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs and is studying to become a mechanical engineer.

© Copyright 2010 The ‘Author.’ All rights reserved. 

These designs are NOT legal tender. 

Visit: http://www.DollarReDesign.com/submit
to learn how to submit your ideas. 

Posted via email from Dollar ReDe$ign Project

No comments:

Post a Comment