Saturday, June 11, 2011

Age Appropriate : Julia Perry : Dollar ReDe$ign

"As a student I participated in a Dollar Redesign project at The Pacific Northwest College of Art here in Portland, Oregon. For each denomination I chose an American of corresponding age. I relied on my background in American Cultural Studies to make gender and nationality choices that didn't reinforce negative stereotypes. I chose to create decorative elements that reflect both American folk traditions and simple, modern patterns. The arrow motif is a nod to the fact that money is always in a state of motion."

Julia Perry is a "strategist and problem-solver" from Oregon who is interested in "making creative, thoughtful and effective design." You can view more of her work here.

© Copyright 2011 The ‘Author’. All rights reserved. 
These designs are NOT legal tender. 
Visit: http://www.DollarReDesign.com/submit 

Posted via email from Dollar ReDe$ign Project

No comments:

Post a Comment